· In recognition of Dr. Keith Wilkinson’s contributions to the quality of graduate education and the training experiences of students since the 1980s, the faculty, staff, alumni, and friends of the GDBBS joined together with philanthropic contributions to establish The Keith Wilkinson Division Service Award. Dr. Wilkinson served as director of GDBBS for almost 14 years, and he was a professor at Emory University School of Medicine as well director of two of our PhD Programs. In his role as division director, Keith oversaw the GDBBS’s development and expansion into the home of some of the nation’s top training programs. We are thrilled to share that this brand-new fund has raised approximately $32,000. We need a minimum of $50,000 total to establish an endowment in Keith’s name. Make a gift to the fund by selecting “other” under Designations and then write in “Wilkinson Award-LGS.” You’ll have the option of making a single payment or making a gift in installments. Help us reach our goal so we can honor Keith in perpetuity the same way his legacy and impact on the GDBBS will be celebrated indefinitely.
· Thank you to alumni Dr. William G. Rice (86G) and Mrs. Catherine Rice (18PH) who hosted a wonderful reception in San Diego during the Society for Neuroscience annual meeting. Laney Graduate School faculty, students, and alumni joined us at the Rice’s home for networking and celebration.
· The Laney Graduate School will celebrate our centennial in 2019! Celebrate Laney’s first 100 and help us continue to achieve academic excellence in the next 100 years. On January 26th, the centennial celebration begins with an on-campus event and the launch of our centennial website gs.emory.edu/centennial, including a list of events throughout the country during the year.
· In honor of the 100th anniversary, we’re thrilled to announce our newest fundraising effort, the Centennial Scholars Fellowship - The Centennial Scholars Fellowship is given to applicants who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievement and who will contribute to the development of a richly diverse student body.
· Want to get involved? If you’re local and want to serve as a mentor to students or speak on a panel about your career inside or outside academia, contact Robin Harpak (firstname.lastname@example.org). For those outside of Atlanta, stay connected, find alumni with common interests in your area, leverage our global alumni network, offer advice to current students, and more all through our platform Emory Connects. Join us today!
· Calling all golfers! If you love Emory, love golf, and want a chance to play at the prestigious East Lake Golf Club, join us for the third annual Jones Legacy Golf tournament. Proceeds support the Bobby Jones Program at Emory including the Jones Biomedical Engineering Fellows. Read more and register today!